DMFC’s 3rd annual Jack-O-Lantern Tournament (3-Weapon)
Oct 23, 2021
Registration is $30 and $10 for each event.
Cash or checks, please.
Preregistration Closing Date – 10/22/2021
Welcome to Des Moines Fencing Club’s first tournament in the 21-22 season!
All events are currently expected to be sanctioned. USA Fencing Access or Competitive memberships will be required. All events will be conducted according to the current USA Fencing rules. All equipment and behavior must meet the requirements laid down by these rules. We will check all masks and saber gloves.
Please note: this is not a regional or national qualifying event. Regional and National Points will not be awarded, and this tournament is not a part of any qualifying path.
We will need referees, so if you can referee please use the contact information to let us know. All referees will be compensated with USA Fencing per Diem rates + lunch.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
(Times are close of registration; fencing will begin shortly thereafter.)
– Unsanctioned Youth Mixed Saber — 9:00am. —– born in 2008 or younger (Y8, Y10, Y12 & Y14)
– Unsanctioned Youth Mixed Foil —– 9:30am —— born in 2008 or younger (Y8, Y10, Y12 & Y14)
– Unsanctioned Youth Mixed Epee – 11:00am —— born in 2008 or younger (Y8, Y10, Y12 & Y14)
– Senior Mixed Saber —————— 12:00pm —— born in 2008 or older
– Senior Mixed Foil ———————– 1:00pm —— born in 2008 or older
– Senior Mixed Epee ——————— 2:30pm —— born in 2008 or older
In you were born in 2008 you may fence both Youth & Senior events.
Preregistration opens on 09/05/2021.
Preregistration closes on 10/22/2021.
Valley Southwoods Freshman High School
625 S 35th Street
West Des Moines, IA 50265
This event will be held in the Gym. There is ample parking on the south side of the building.
TOURNAMENT & EVENT FEES:
Pre-registration is $30
Each event $10
Day of Event registration fee +$5
Cash or checks, please. We will also have credit available for an additional fee
Event Merc – See Our Facebook event for images
Tournament T-Shirt orders are due by 10/1/2021
T-shirts will be available for Pre-order $20
—6.1oz 100% Soft Spun Cotton Essential Short Sleeve T-Shirt
—Adult sizes: S/M/L/XL/XLT/XXL/XXLT/2XL/3XLT/4XL/4XLT/5XL
***THE DEADLINE FOR SHIRTS IS 10/1/2021***
No additional wears will be available the day of, so be sure to pre-order!!!
AskFred registration deadline October 22th, 2021 (Pay day of event)
Medals for 1st, 2nd, two 3rd placements
USFA competitive membership required for all sanctioned events***
Please bring proof of current competitive membership in the USFA
All USFA rules will be enforced.
As of 9/5/2021 USA Fencing mandates mask be worn at all times for all in attendance.
We also ask guests know and practice CDC’s guideline such as distancing between guests
Hand sanitizer will be available.
We ask that no participant or guest attend if they have any of the following:
– Temperature of over 99.9degrees F. (Please self-check prior to arriving)
– Symptoms: Fever or chills, Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Fatigue, Muscle or body aches, Headache, New loss of taste or smell, Sore throat, Congestion or runny nose, Nausea or vomiting, Diarrhea
– Been in known contact with anyone who has tested positive
Please contact us through AskFRED with any questions related to the event.
MORE ABOUT DES MOINES FENCING CLUB:
This event is still work in progress and times may change. Please check back before the day of the event.